Saturday, January 4, 2014

Earthlings call it fate!

Response to Earthlings call it fate!

My mom used to tell me, and still does from time to time: "Things have a way of working out if you just let them."  That has proven to be true in many instances in my life.  There have been many times of financial uncertainty in my family's life, but just in the nick of time, some kind of something comes along to save us, big or small, we've been extraordinarily forunate in our efforts to just squeak by.  This year we will see if we can actually get ahead.

I have always felt, deep in my soul, that my life, not me, but the life that I inhabit, was meant for some kind of greatness and notoriety.  Something along the lines of President, or a revolutionary.  Something grand, something important, and hopefully, something good.  But along with that, I have always felt, down to my soul, that a mistake was made and I, the soul that actually is inhabiting this life, am not capable of fullfilling this greatness.  I have seen opportunities come that I just haven't been able to capture, usually for lack of outgoingness.  I always felt I was a mistake to God, and that's why He tried to kill me when I was just a few weeks old.  But, modern medicine being what it is today, God did not succeed and I lived to foul up what could have been one of the grandest lives in a long while.

Of course, the medical condition that I have does lend itself to delusions of grandure, so it could all be chalked up to that.  Probably, in fact.  One thing that that aspect of my mental condition does help me with is "thinking big".  It hasn't helped me as of yet, but fairly recently, within the last two to three years, I have come to believe in myself as a writer and think that that may be my calling.  I truly believe that my thinking big is going to help out my stories.  I have two projects that I am very slowly working on.  One is fairly simple that I am writing first to give myself some practice.  The second, by my wife's account is, "very ambitious": a trilogy in a fantasy world that will cover multiple plains of existence.  As stated, I do tend to think big, I just hope I can finish them before I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment